posted: 28 February, 2019
Welcome to the inaugural edition of Dispatches, our hand-picked round-up of the most interesting ideas, innovations, and insight from the global retail, fashion, and tech industry news over the past week (or so).
- How fashion tripped over the hip-hop economy
- Simon Schama: When Britain chose Europe.
From Cobden to Gladstone, Victorian liberalism has a clear message for today’s Brexiters.
- Restoring an avenue in Paris meant for Kings
- How can new technologies help make fashion more sustainable?
From bio-engineered fabrics to innovative packaging solutions, VOICES Salon attendees discuss what measures the industry can take in order to manage growth in a way that is less damaging to the environment.
[Business of Fashion]
- How FC Barcelona are preparing for the future of football.
Science and sport intersect in the Catalan giant’s new ‘innovation hub’.
- From humble beginnings to master of the universe: How did Jeff Bezos make his billions?
A big part of the answer is his frugality – but he also has a knack for knowing when to put his neck on the line and when to keep his head down.
- Would a ‘digital you’ make buying clothes online easier?
We know you’ve no time to waste, so Dispatches only brings you the best of the best – all killer, no filler.
If you’re hungry for more, join us @ThisIsRetail on twitter, instagram, and pinterest.
See you there!